The Performance Management Association (PMA) is a global network for those interested in the theory and practice of performance measurement and management. Members of the association come from numerous disciplines and the network comprises academics and practitioners, from a truly international spread.
The PMA was formed in 1998 by its then Chairman, Professor Andy Neely, University of Cambridge. Since then the association has continued to grow and now has over 3,500 members from 30 different countries. Under the guidance of its Board the PMA has hosted cross-disciplinary international biannual conferences, running since 1998, as well as numerous online resources including an active discussion forum and the PMA newsletter. See below for more about the events hosted by the PMA in the past. PMA members also have access to workshops and seminars which are held on an ad hoc basis, organised by members for members. The PMA has an active discussion forum and makes a valued contribution to the field of performance measurement and management. In 2010 saw the launch of the PMA’s first Chapters or regional PMA groups and we have had active conferences run by the PMAA in New Zealand since then.
2014 saw a new direction for the PMA when Prof Mike Bourne from Cranfield University took over the Chair of the association. Since then the PMA has run two very successful conference in Auckland in 2015 and this year in June in Edinburgh.
Current forward events include
- PMAA 2017 Conference, 1st – 3rd March 2017, Otago University, Dunedin, New Zealand, Performance Measurement and Management: New Approaches: Changed Understandings. PMAA 2017 Conference Website
Previous PMA conferences:
- PMA 2016 Conference, 26th – 29th June 2016, Edinburgh, Scotland, Performance Measurement and Management: New Theories for New Practices.
- PMA 2015 symposium, 23rd – 25th September 2015, Bologna, Italy, Performance measurement in transition, moving beyond control www.pmysymposium.com
- PMAA 2015 Conference,2nd – 4th February 2015, Auckland Business School, New Zealand – Beyond best practice: tools for tomorrow’s organisation
- PMA 2014 Conference, 25 – 27 June 2014, Aarhus BSS, Denmark – Performance management; designing the high performing organization
- PMAA 2013 Conference, 30 October – 1st November, Queenstown, New Zealand
- PMA 2012 Conference 11 – 13 July 2012, Cambridge University, England – From strategy to delivery
- International Forum on Knowledge Assets Dynamics – Fifth edition on "Intellectual Capital in a Complex Business Landscape" – 24-26 June 2010, Matera, Italy
- PMA 2009 Conference - 14-17 April 2009 - Dunedin, New Zealand
- PMA Symposium/Long Range Planning Workshop - 24-25 January 2008, Lausanne.
- International Forum on Knowledge Assets Dynamics - third edition on "Intellectual Capital Dynamics and Innovation Capabilities" - 26-27 June 2008, Matera, Italy
- PMA supported event - International Forum on Knowledge Assets Dynamics - "Intellectual Capital Dynamics and Performance Management" - Matera, Italy, 22-23 June 2007
- PMA 2006 - Performance Measurement and Management - Public and Private, New Connaught Rooms, London, UK, 25-28 July 2006
- PMA 2005 - PMA Symposium, London Business School, London, UK, 8-9 September 2005
- PMA 2004 - Performance Measurement and Management - Public and Private, Edinburgh, UK, 28-30 July 2004
- PMA 2003 IC Symposium - Cranfield, UK 1-2 October 2003
- PMA 2003 - PMA Symposium,Fontainebleau, France, 28-29 July 2003
- PMA 2002 Performance Measurement Theory for Practice, Boston, US, 17-19 July 2002
- PM 2000 - Performance Measurement - Past, Present and Future, Cambridge, UK, 19-21 July 2000
- PM 98 - Performance Measurement - Theory and Practice Cambridge, UK, July 1998